Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 17.05.2010, 23:25   #9
abbasz
Модератор раздела "Аудиоархеология Аббаса"

По умолчанию Ответ: Звукосниматель для пластинок на 78 об/мин

Разобрался.эта голова не годится.Нужно искать С1.С2

PPSS: If you really want to go with an original Edison electric phono, only the C1 or C2 will do. The C4 only played lateral cut records. Given that the C1 cost about $1,000 new in 1928 or so it's virtually nonexistent. I know of one in California. That means you need to find yourself a C2. They are also not very common but they do turn up.

I own a C-2 and C-4 and I have heard a C-1. As Valecnik stated, the C-1 and C-2 are the only models that were designed to play both vertical DDs (not recommended for Pathé Sapphire records due to the small stylus size) and lateral needle cut records. The phono pickup uses a unique stylus bar that holds the typical Edison diamond point for DD playback. And there is also a needle chuck with set screw that holds a steel needle for lateral record playback. The sound is typical of 1928 model radios and electric phonos. With the exception that the C-1 and C-2 also included a "scratch filter" circuit which cannot be switched out (without an internal wiring change) when playing records. Edison propaganda stated that this was included to clean up the noise from lateral records, but the DDs actually sound noisier than laterals of the period due to the inherently lower signal to noise (S/N) ratio of the DDs. Consequently, the C-2 has a tubby and boomy sound with poor treble when playing records compared with, say, a Victor RE-45 or RE-75 from 1929. I, too, recommend using modern playback equipment for getting the full sound out of electrically recorded DDs and laterals. And such equipment will inflict very little damage to your records. But if you want the authentic sound of playing an electric Edison DD on period equipment, your only choice is an Edison C-1 or C-2. No other consumer electronic record players were sold in the USA that play vertical recordings (maybe there were some european models I'm not aware of). There was some professional equipment sold for vertical record playback in this period, notably from Western Electric. But the WE records were made with a different groove shape and size from that used in the DDs, so the WE vertical pickups probably won't work well with the Edison DDs.
abbasz вне форума   Ответить с цитированием